History2019-08-20T05:26:11+00:00

Garrett Homes has a long and interesting history that began in 1906. Founded as a Detroit land development and real estate company by E.W. Eyster under the same name, the company relocated to Royal Oak in 1933.

L.C. Ladd was a real estate salesman who joined Eyster’s team in 1924. When Eyster retired in 1947, he sold the business to Ladd, and the company was soon thereafter renamed Ladd’s, Inc. Shortly after a subsequent move to the booming suburb of Troy in 1961, Ladd sold the business to his sales manager, Joel A. Garrett.

Under the leadership of Joel and his children Dale and Ann, the firm developed more than 100 subdivisions in southeastern Michigan, including: Emerald Lakes in Troy, Avon Lakes Village in Rochester Hills, Barclay Lake Village, and Clear Spring Lake in Shelby Township.

Joel’s vision was to create quality homes on beautiful properties. Today, Ladd’s, Inc. is led by Joel’s daughter, Ann Sobey. Ann and the team at Garrett Homes work to fulfill Joel’s vision of quality home development with unmatched construction, design, and sales expertise, exceptional customer service, and a dedication to excellence worthy of our stellar reputation.

Ladd’s, Inc. is currently the exclusive sales and marketing company of Garrett Homes.